Sometimes you know that some relationships are more toxic than being a support. You understand that it’s a mistake making your life heavy and exhausting . You spend all your energy & happiness meeting the expectations but nothing suffices. In this vicious cycle you lose your personality, identity & the want of living.
Deep down you also know the only solution but refuse to accept it to yourself let alone the world. There could be several reasons for you being in the dysfunctional situation:
- You are scared of hurting yourself as well as your loved ones.
- Have become addicted to this relationship and like a substance abuser know the repercussion but doesn’t have the power to come out of it.
- You even refuse to accept the truth to yourself & live with the hope of a miracle going to happen someday.
- Don’t want people to feel sorry for you.
- The fear of unknown.
If any of these rings a bell, break the chains and start living your life from today. Let go of it because this relationship is like a virus, which will eat you and make you forget to live the only life you’ve got.
I know saying it is really easy while even thinking of implementing makes you shiver. Take the step to liberate the real you. In the beginning, go through the process of healing which may involve grieving for your dead relationship but all of this will actually empower you. You would love to find your confidence again and letting go of the shame & guilt developed during the relationship.
“Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened.”
Warning: Before taking the step be sure that you are in a dysfunctional relationship. Don’t take a low phase as the whole relationship. Be objective and if you can’t seek external help to decide. This post is strictly for those you are a part of an emotionally abusive relationship.
- Why You Date Someone (psychologytoday.com)
- Need vs. Love… (myspokenheart.wordpress.com)
- Because It Happened… (cynicalandsexy.wordpress.com)